This project is read-only.

Factory for BitLaboratory (Object Guy's) Logging Framework?

May 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I decided to try this Logging Facade because it claimed support for BitLaboratory's Logging framework.  However, and maybe a simple fact is escaping me, but it appears that the BitLaboratory facade adapter is missing a crucial piece - the Factory.

I am attempting to configure my logging declaratively in the config file, and as I look at the examples and the source code it appears this would not be possible without a factory.

I can see where the default Resolver after a reset on the LoggerService is the AppConfigFactoryResolver.  I also see how this creates a dictionary of Factories keyed by the logger names, and how it matches the name argument to LoggerService.GetLogger(string name) to those logger keys in order to resolve and return a factory.  Then the actual logger is created through a method call to the factory.

So, the way it appears to me, to the best of my understanding, is that I will have to create a Factory that delegates to BitLaboratory's Library's ConfigLogger.Instance.

Am I missing something?  Something that allows me to configure SLF to use the BitLaboratory's Logging Framework, all configured declaratively through the app/web config's?

After looking a little closer, I do see this ability to configure BitLaboratory's Framework declaratively is a newer feature, and perhaps SLF simply hasn't been updated.  As an aside, since this task is somewhat trivial, may I submit my Factory to be included in future releases of SLF?  I would feel much better about using this facade for my company if this particular usage scenario was specifically supported by the official build of SLF.

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:26 AM

This is an old message, but I have the exact same issue...

BitFactory can be configured declaratively, and SLF can be configured declaratively, but it does not seem they can be configured declaratively together without a factory for creating BitFactoryLogger objects...

Unless I am missing something as well.